Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Waxing Romantic

Went to the Dermi yesterday to get my stitches removed. Lady there waiting to have her eyebrows waxed. I thought about doing a post on what kind of people are attracted to doing waxing for a living. Thonged about it and got to waxing romatic.

I was listening an oldies by Robert Goulet on Jones College Radio 90.9 FM Jacksonville...   Listening to "If I Ever Leave You"... Thinking about the old fashioned values I grew up on (Outgrew too many!).  I realized I don't have one Robert Goulet song on my iPod. 

 So I bought his 1987 Greatest Hits album on EBay. Track listing 1. If Ever I Would Leave You 2. Begin to Love 3. This Is All I Ask 4. Summer Sounds 5. Real Live Girl 6. What Kind of Fool Am I? 7. My Love, Forgive Me 8. Autumn Leaves 9. Ciao Compare 10. Fortissimo 11.The Impossible Dream

As I write this post I am listening to Country Classics on TV-Radio channel (TV-Radio? that's worth a post!).  Great stuff; this waxing romantic/nostalgic trip is mellowing.

All you Geezers and Girties out there… Get yourself a good headset. Turn on, Tune in, Drop Out

Namaste’ Timothy Leary.

ADDENDUM:
Singer Robert Goulet dieD October 2007 at age 73. The big-voiced baritone, whose Broadway debut in “Camelot” launched an award-winning stage and recording career gained stardom in 1960. “Camelot,” the Lerner and Loewe musical that starred Richard Burton as King Arthur and Julie Andrews as his Queen Guenevere. Goulet played Sir Lancelot, the French knight who falls in love with Guenevere.


‘Concentrate on the emotional content’

“When I’m using a microphone or doing recordings I try to concentrate on the emotional content of the song and to forget about the voice itself,” “Sometimes I think that if you sing with a big voice, the people in the audience don’t listen to the words, as they should,” he told the newspaper. “They just listen to the sound.”

MORE AT: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21552081/

No comments: