Saturday, November 28, 2009

More Old People Die in December

I read that someplace a few years ago and have been watching the December Obits ever since. It seems to be true... I hope it’s not me this December!



It’s an interesting topic for speculation: cold weather and snow shoveling; sadness thinking about holidays past and memories of loved ones now gone causes depression and reduces your immune system; flu season; no money for Christmas presents and you need an excuse for not giving or giving less so you check out instead. Car accidents on icy roads.

Many causes seem to relate to the physical effects of cold weather. But Florida has their share of departing geriatrics.  Mental factors play havoc with immune systems.



Anyway, the situation raises hell with families. They get over the loss of the elderly loved one in a reasonable amount of time. But the animosities spawned over who gets what loot from the estate last for years and years. Brothers and Sisters want to kill each other over who gets what.  That will be my next post!



I’m getting morbidly depressed writing about this . Cheer me up. Write me an uplifting comment about why its great to be old and dying.