Friday, November 20, 2009

Understanding Islam

Haven't figured out yet how to better understand the service at the Islamic Center.  I don't know whether to go and ask my Pizza friend Yusef how to find out about the service so I feel more comfortable visiting.  I want to go again and learn more and try for some 'brotherhood in God/Allah', but I don't want to feel so out of it.  I also want to go to a Mosque.  Maybe the one in
Jacksonville or Daytona Beach is a Mosque and not a Center.  But not until I feel more comfortable participating in the service.

When I went to Bucknell, my Catholic frat brother and I used to go to a different church each Sunday to learn what they were about.  A great experience.  I still do it.  An open mind is the most powerful learning tool one can have.  And you can't extend brotherly love to people from a distance.

So I will continue to look for something to teach me the routine.  And I hope I can get into it enough that I can personally be able to tell the difference between the bad guys who are teaching their brothers to kill unbelievers and the good guys who are living the loving teachings.  I do feel they should be more proactive in ratting out anyone who they find talking about killing or blowing up something.  Especially if they are talking about blowing up me.
God Bless You, Nameste' and Allah Akbar!

No comments: