Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day Ja Voo…Barak Too?

The parallels are amazing. Born dirt poor he works like hell on getting an education. He rises as quickly as an adolescent’s erection in his chosen field. And does it because of the talents of associates who work tirelessly for him. He borrows a bunch of money, promises great things, twists arms to get them. But in the end he fails miserably and takes good people (like me) down with him.

Remember Lee Iacocco? Princeton degree. Two daughters. Fantastic success while he had the likes of Donald N. Frey working for him. Leaves Ford and “saves” Ch;rysler with a bunch of government bailout money. Writes two books, one an autobiography about how great he is.

Promises everyone he will develop this fantastic product that will reduce our dependency on oil. An Electric Car!  Twists arms and gets a watered-down version of the car, an Electric Bicycle,  to help him out until he can work out the car's details…

The Electric Bike! Forerunner of the world changing Electric Car to come. Erectile dysfunction.  He can’t develop the battery needed to power his dream, he falls on his ass and disappears from sight.

Whose book did Barak read? Saul Alinski’s or Lee Iacocca’s?  Will Barak’s Healthcare be like Iacocca's Electric Bicycle?.

I was visiting my son in San Diego in 1999 and got so excited about Iacocca and his electric bicycles I went Ia KuKu, bought ten red ones and started a business. "For people who peddled too far and couldn’t get back home. Or couldn’t quite make that hill. Or had the wind at their back and it reversed itself." 

The story of Barak and Iacocco?

Well, I wound up with a rented storeroom and my garage full of EBikes and Ehemets and Eshirts that I eventually donated to our Local Bicycle Club. No batteries. Replacement parts and even the small, downsized batteries were no longer available.

The Tea Baggers are breaking wind. Capital Hill is too steep. Obama has peddled too far. Maybe he will be smarter than Iacocco and find a new route. Or else he will he take me down with him and I will be poor and in debt once again. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, my Real Estate business still isn’t doing so good. Move to Florida! Talk To Ted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like an old bitter man who's been hawking overpriced real estate too long.

Iacoccois an Icon, who created tremendous excitement with his vision of Ford products, saved thousands of jobs at Chrysler, and so on. President Obama has a vision of improving life in America, unlike the boozer Bush and him sending 5000 Americans to death in a worthless war Iraq.

Anonymous said...

I'm not bitter. I'm funny as hell.
And I love hearing from passionate people like you. On either side. Thanks.
I love OBama's vision; it's his indecision! And true, I have been in Real Estate too long...O'Bama you got one of those government jobs for me? Another freebie for us poor people? A disability check for us people with work ethic disabilities? For all us Democratic demographics? Keep it coming! I'll vote for you!