Friday, October 30, 2009

Weed Wackers and Pot Lovers

I had a beer at the Sand Bar, on A1A just before the route 206 light.  (I only had one because the Hammock Bandits at the Pay Bridge took my other $2.00)   The Sand Bar is part of a threesome of my favorite bars; add Murph's and Pomars and you have  Crescent Beach 's version of the Bermuda triangle.  Once you enter it you may never be seen again.  They also call themselves the PMS and have lots of specials for ladies.

While America's current ruling class of functioning alcoholics continue to kill themselves and others driving home-the Forty Somethings, when they feel like sex, or eating, or music, or enjoying munchies-toke instead.  Weed not whiskey.  There is a growing number of underground tokers who are substituting alcohol abuse with pot use.

I'm very happy with this.  I have some bad scars from my childhood due to parental use of alcohol.  A drunken fraternity brother killed someone by running a red light at Bucknell.  I watched the poor guy come at me, hit the windshield and bounce off.

In  the 60's we used to eat a pot-filled Brownie (Child's Garden of Grass' receipe.  I don't smoke) then go to some very 'in' Greenwich Village restaurant for dinner.  Followed up with some candy from a great penny candy store there; went home, enoyed wonderful lovemaking.   Felt like a million!  Two million...she did, too.  Had four children.  One right after another. 

Life was good.  Moody Blues, Timothy Leary, Quaaludes.  No need to over-drink and get hungover.  It's time for a pot revolution.  And of course, it has started; in California.

If I go broke waiting for the Palm Coast real estate market to recover, I may head for California, live with my son, and sell MaryJane to old people like myself who have too many aches and pains-or their daughters taking chemo for breast cancer and ralphing like crazy.  Haven't tried it?  It enhances, not changes, whatever mood you are in.  Like Accent (MSG) on food.  You need to have 'The Right Stuff' though.  Too strong or doctored and you will hallucinate. 

You disagree?  Talk To Ted!  Maybe I can facilitate an intervention for you and your family.  Or we can share stories about our close friends and their drinking problems.

Ray, ray AA.  Go for the gold token!  Or better yet, introduce legislation to decriminalize marajuanna.  We can put the Crips and Bloods retailers out of business at our high school. 

For more info:  http://twitter.com/ArtistsCollctve

No comments: