Friday, February 5, 2010

Palm Coast...Going to Pot?

Last night I saw a newsclip about a Marajuana Superstore in California.  The talking heads had a hard time faking indignation and projecting calamady.

Today a guy was repairing my propane line.  I told I should have given up real estate, moved in with my son and his family in California, and started selling weed to conservative geriatrics like myself who need some pain relief medicine.  But my wife scowled at the idea, and that was that. 

I told the repair guy, maybe it would soon be legal in Florida.  He said 'Never'.  He didn't say "How Awful!"-just "Never".

Well, instead of dismissing the MaryJane idea out of hand, I think we should watch California and track what happens to the illegal pot trade and the increase or decrease in related social problems.

Here is an article I just read from an overseas publication:

Posted by RationalThought on February 3, 2010 17:45 ET


"I am 48m yr old American who just returned last week from week in Amsterdam as a "marijuana tourist". Aside from the weather I had a great time and felt totally safe from both the criminal element and the government, unlike at home. The only tourists I saw being unruly appeared to be young Brits who had all been drinking in the pubs. I think the so called conservatives are being counterproductive and playing right into the hands of organized crime. Legalize the wholesale market and you will completely eliminate criminal involvement the same as with alcohol. In general my impression of the Dutch is that they are conservative yet pragmatic and understand the meaning of personal liberties and privacy. I doubt Dutch parents expect the government to eliminate their childrens potential exposure to drugs and alcohol (an impossibility) but instead teach them to be responsible, hence the low drug and alcohol use among Dutch teens. I also doubt the Dutch parents really want to spend their taxes on incarcerating recreational cannabis use and prefer to spend these funds on their childrens education for future careers. I truly believe that the USA could learn from the Dutch."

There were some interesting comments.  To see them go to:
THE LINK:
http://bit.ly/9mkKTe

No comments: