Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Wonder How I Will Die???

I am 73 years old.. I figure, with luck, I’ve got 7-10 years left.

It’s Sunday. I’m watching ‘Hour of Power’. I am not at home, so I don’t go to one of my two churches; Trinity Presbyterian-your typical Christian denomination, or Unity of Daytona Beach, my ecumenical Christian church. If I find a rock and roll, Born Again church, I will go there too. That’s where all the emotional action is.

So I am wondering… will I leave for my next time-space adventure from a world ruled by Sharia Law?

Or will the Witnesses and Born Againers and Common Christians, unite under a single charismatic leader and whoop the asses of the passionate but third-world Muslim radicals?

My hope for the best solution, a tolerant, ecumenical, a “To Whom It May Concern” environment when I make my crossing, is a real long shot. These guys do not have the passionate, “I’ll Kill You” leadership. They’re missing a driving, uniting, death-defying motivation. As Barak is slowly learning, you can’t lecture and reason a religious radical into leaving you alone. That’s like telling the bully in the school yard who has just pushed you to the ground “That’s not nice. Can’t we be friends?”. You need an older, bigger buddy to step in and kick his ass.

So how will I wind up? Converting to Islam and attending the Center for Islamic Studies in St. Augustine just in time to be on the winning side?

Taking my old silver cross from the top drawer of my dresser. The one I took off when I went to college. Hanging it back around my neck. Parading around town praising our fallen Christian warriors and looking for someone still living who can take care of my sorry old ass?

Or before the next war is decided, will I make a fatal mistake or get a fatal disease. Enter I-95 heading in the wrong direction, realize it, swing wildly into the woods and have a tree welcome me back to nature? Or find my prostrate growing as large as my ego with it cells on a disorganized, reproductive rampage and wandering around to other places?

Just wondering. Hour of Power just ended…for now I will count my blessings. Laugh and be happy. Carefully watch what happens. God only knows what will.

God Bless Me...Namaste'

No comments: