Friday, October 5, 2012

You Piss Me Off!


I wear my emotions on my sleeve.  I blame that on my "half Italian" heritage, but actually I like emotions and feel they enrich my life.  But Emotional, "touchy feely" types like me turn a lot of people off. 

Anyway, I was reading this article in the Johns Hopkins newsletter because I have an artificial aortic valve and am interested in staying alive until I can get rich again.  And I want so badly to be loved.  Especially now that everyone I knew that loved me unconditionally has died and gone to heaven.

Here is an excerpt from the article that helps me rationalize my emotional affronts:

"Study participants who suppressed their anger were nearly three times more likely than those who didn't to experience a heart attack or die of a cardiac problem. Anger alone was not associated with these events. Those with a "type D" personality -- marked by a tendency to experience negative emotions and inhibit self-expression -- were four times more likely than those who didn't have that personality type to suppress their anger."

My next most common habit that is likely to piss off my friends is my constant attempts to get a smile or a laught using provocative comments.

(And my dear wife hates it when I swear...P----d O-- as an example)

So when you read my stuff on this blog, reach out to your higher self.  If I P--- you off, forgive me and know it is just my feeble attempt to live longer.  Or make you laugh. 

No comments: