Thursday, March 25, 2010

Buy Smart, Get A Home Inspection Before You Make An Offer!

Most people I come into contact with these days who are looking to take advantage of the very  low prices for homes are still very unsophisticated.  Many really don't understand the difference between the selling side commission and the listing side commission for MLS listed houses.  Most don't know the Florida rule that makes most real estate agents act as "Transaction Brokers'  with no fiduciary responsibility to either the Buyer or the Seller!  They just 'facilitate' the transaction.  So I have a lot of explaining to do when I promote myself as a  " Buyers Broker" who gets paid the seller-side commission by the listing agent or when I say I am a "Single Agent" with responsibility only to my Buyer.  But those who get it, really benefit from using a single agent, buyers broker.

For example, one of the techniques I use to work just for the buyer against the interest of the seller is to get a home inspection before I recommend an inital offer for the home.  This gives us an itemized list of everything wrong with the house and estimated repair costs to use in negotiating.  A powerful negotiating tool.

If you are looking to purchase property in Florida, Talk To Ted!  I can advise you on any area of Florida and hook you up with a good, reliable agent in the town to help you find what you want.  The referral fee that agent will offer me will not cost you.  And, of course, if you are interested in checking out Palm Coast, drop me a note at tedleshersr@gmail.com.

No comments: