Friday, June 3, 2011

Inflation, Outliving My Money, Jobless Realtor=Ebay!

Desperation is the mother of innovation. I need a fun way to earn some money.

I contemplate...

(a) Palm Coast does not have its own Craig's List. We have to use Daytona's or St. Augustine's.
(b) I used to give stuff to a pack n ship guy who put things on Ebay for a fee; but he closed up shop.
(c) I have been giving good stuff to GoodWill

IDEA!
Wife wants to give away an extra set of dishes. Online research suggests they are worth almost a thousand. I look around the house. There's all kinds of chatchkees we could be getting rid of.

AND...My friend is thinking about bankrupty and wants to unload a bunch of stuff first and spend the money before he files.

AND...I have a hand gun I want to sell so I can by a shotgun.

CONCEPT: Open an Ebay store to sell and ship. But also sell large stuff like furniture and lawnmowers for pickup in Palm Coast.

Recognize the Recession! People are interested in good used stuff at cheap prices. Combine Craig's List convenience and inspection advantages with Ebay's ability to reach lots of people. Let people know about interesting and useful things for sale at bargain prices. Classify them as to whether they can pick the thing up in Palm Coast or whether it needs to be shipped to them.

I don't plan to buy stuff at garage sales and flea markets and places like that for resale. But I will take interesting stuff on consingment and sell it for a small fee plus out of pocket costs if I think will help draw visitors to my store.

Think I can do it?

I do! I am busy taking pictures of those dishes!

AND I am looking for someone with Ebay expertise to train me on the nuances of running an Ebay store.

Got Something to Sell? Drop me an email with a photo: tedleshersr@gmail.com. Use TALK TO TED for the subject line or it will probably get deleted before I read it.

Also send me an email and use TALK TO TED if you want me to hire you for your Ebay expertise or if you really know ebay and would like to make some extra money helping me post items. ($10 hr to start. Remember I am a starving, 74 year-old retiree!)

No comments: